Well, day of birth… We meet again, this time it’s been 31 years. Can time slow down, please? I always feel so aged as a blogger when my birthday rolls around because I am in a sea of youngins in this blogosphere! It’s always refreshing to see successful blogger gals in their 30s, 40s and beyond! In celebration of turning 31 I wanted to share 31 fun facts about me that most of y’all probably don’t know unless you’re family or a really close friend! ☺️ It literally took me FOREVER to try and think of 31 things about me, so I hope y’all enjoy these!
BTW… Has anyone every tried to wrangle letter or number balloons white shooting… Let me tell you, that was a freakin’ challenge given the wind, my gimp shoulder and just being uncoordinated in general! Grayson and I definitely got a good laugh this morning shooting all of these photos!! We got like 4 balloon shots out of 300! No joke though!
Ok, here we go; 31 interesting facts about me! And when you’re done, keep scrolling for my birthday outfit!! Not birthday suit… but one of the coolest tops I’ve ever seen!!
1. I started my own company and was self employed by the age 23.
2. I graduated high school in 3 years. Catty girls really solidified that decision for me.
3. I am obsessed with sushi – we go 2-3 times a week!
4. I prefer driving a manual over automatic.
5. I have been a tomboy for as long as I can remember so it’s kind of ironic I have made a career in the fashion industry.
6. I played soccer for about 15 years. I played left-mid because I was the only lefty on the team. Now I have a strong hate for running!
7. I don’t sleep with pillows. Until now… I have to sleep sitting up!
8. I always feel accomplished that I bought a house by myself while being self employed. That was hardest thing EVER!!
9. I blog as a hobby and will always blog as a hobby.
10. My love for Toyota has resulted in me owning two 4runners. Thankfully, I was able to pass one on to Grayson!
11. My favorite TV channel is investigation discovery. I missed my calling as a detective.
12. I take baths at least once a day if i have time.
13. I got Zika on my 30th birthday.
14. I am the bluntest person you will ever meet.
15. My hair isn’t naturally black; but its really close!
16. I LOVE black coffee. I normally will get a soy vanilla latte from Starbucks but more times than not I am making coffee at home or drinking coffee on set and I will always go for black with no cream or sugar!
17. I used to be a wild child in high school and now I barely drink at all. Plus, I’m getting old so I’m hungover after 2 glasses of wine.
18. I am obsessed with making lists on paper, not my phone. There’s just something about marking something out that is so satisfying!
19. I am on my second marriage and am so happy I have found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you Grayson!!
20. My grandfather played a huge part in my childhood and I miss him everyday.
21. I have the biggest sweet tooth EVER. My thighs aren’t happy about that!
22. I can’t ever have a real hobby. Anything extracurricular I do I will find a way to monetize.
23. I love my dog, Steven Jalapeño, more than most people. If you’ve met him you totally understand.
24. I’ve grown up around guns my entire life. With my dad being in SWAT and Narcotics I was always taught to protect and defend myself. I got my CHL about 10 years ago and thankfully haven’t had to shoot anyone yet! HA! Let’s hope that’s never the case.
25. I missed my calling… I always wanted to be in the FBI or CIA.
26. I have a really long torso which makes it hard for me to wear most types of clothing.
27. I suck at cooking! Blue Apron has been a life saver.
28. I would rather have 3 friends than 30.
29. As I get older I realized I want to be with my family more and more.
30. I’m ambidextrous so thankfully this surgery didn’t render me completely useless
31. I love riding dirt bikes and watching Supercross with my dad! We’re even going to Vegas in May to watch the last race of the season!