Do yourself a favor and don’t let your scalp end up like this guy; dead and dry!
Alright ladies, it’s time to talk about that embarrassing topic no one ever wants to admit they have. Any guesses… I’ll just throw it out there; dandruff and dry skin. In the big scheme of things its not a HUGE deal but its definitely a downer if it’s something you have to worry about everyday. I’ve partnered with Dove Hair to share my experience with their new Derma Care Scalp Pure Daily Care Anti-Dandruff 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner and boy is it a life changer. Whether you have dandruff or an itchy scalp due to dry skin, you will love these products.
First things first; who out there really knows what dandruff is? I feel like the stigma of the word dandruff is so negative and people think it’s so gross. But honestly, dandruff is more common than you think. One survey in the US shows that about 50 million people suffer from dandruff and that number is growing. Before I get into the details and benefits of Dove’s wonder shampoo I wanted to throw out a few helpful facts that might shed some light on why people get dandruff and what you can do to prevent it.
Here are the facts –
1. Dandruff is caused by a normal, healthy fungus that lives on everyone’s scalp. Every once in a while that fungus gets out of control.
2. Exercising regularly and healthier eating habits can actually stimulate your body to decrease dandruff.
3. Give your hair some Vitamin E! Every part of our body needs a little sun every once in a while.
4. Stress can trigger an increase in dandruff production.
5. Dandruff and dryness are completely different but can actually be treated very similarly. More people than not have dry skin caused by changes in weather/climate or using the wrong conditioner.
6. Wash your hair MORE often! When your scalp is flaky it is actually the result of too much oil. I was reading an interesting article by Stuart H. Kaplan, M.D. and he stated that not shampooing enough will only make your dandruff worse — it causes more oil and dead skin cells to accumulate on your scalp, which the yeast and fungi just continue to feed on. Dandruff is something that can’t be cured but can be kept at bay with some nourishing shampoos such as Dove Hair’s new DermaCare Scalp Series.
I have personally been using Dove for years now and when I heard about their new Scalp shampoos I jumped on the opportunity to test these products out. I’m someone that doesn’t wash my hair on a day-to-day basis and even though it would get oily after a couple of days, I would pile on the dry shampoo. Products like these aren’t smart to use over and over without giving your scalp a break. This caused my head to be extremely dry and I was told I should really be washing my hair at least every 3-4 days to refresh the hair follicles.
I have been using Dove Hair’s DermaCare Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Shampoo & Conditioner every few days and I have to say, it really is working and helping with the dryness. Not only is it for flake-free and/or dry hair but your hair strands are also moisturized, shiny and replenished of the essential oils needed for a head of healthy hair. Check out that healthy mane in the shot below! Not only do I have black hair, but I wear black ALL the time (not so much in this shot) so having healthy hair is of the utmost importance to me.
In partnership with Dove Hair. All opinions here are my own.